As we welcome you back to concerts at Snape Maltings, please rest assured that your safety and that of our performers and staff is our top priority.
The key changes in coming to concerts at Snape Maltings include:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall. We have kept at least one seat off sale either
side of each group. This has reduced the hall’s capacity from 830 to under 500.
- The concert hall’s air circulation system will be on its highest setting, and some doors will be left open.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- All audience members are required to wear a face-covering throughout the performance (unless exempt as per the Government’s guidelines). Face coverings must cover both the nose and mouth and visors on their own are not sufficient.
- All staff and volunteers will be wearing face coverings.
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.
- Performers will be asked to maintain social distancing from each other, and from the
- Staff and ushers will have their temperature checked at the start of their working shift.
Audience members will not be checked.
To aid the Government’s Track and Trace programme all members of your party are asked to ‘check in’ at Snape Maltings by scanning the QR code in the Concert Hall foyer into the NHS Covid-19 smartphone app.
As risks and guidelines change, we may need to change performers, capacity, pricing, and other matters, at short notice. Please make sure that the email address and phone number that we have for you are up to date when booking so we can let you know about any changes.
If you are unable to attend the performance due to Covid-19 please email the box office to
return your tickets.
We will not be issuing physical tickets, but audiences should bring Print at Home tickets
(either printed out or on a mobile device) or evidence of their ticket purchases.
We will not produce a printed programme, but will email a PDF document with details of the
concert in advance.
Performances will around 60 – 90 minutes, with no interval.
Toilets will be open and available before and after concerts.
Hand sanitiser will be placed at key locations.
Staff will be on hand to guide and answer questions.
Arriving at Snape Maltings
There is plenty of car parking on site, including spaces for blue badge holders.
The outer foyer of the concert hall will be open from 30 minutes before the start of the concert. Please make your way there and be ready to show your ticket. Staff and signs will help you find your way around.
The auditorium will open around 30 minutes before the start of the performance.
During the concert
Please refrain from singing along during the concert.
Once asked to leave the auditorium, audiences are kindly asked to make their way outside and not to gather in the foyers.