Three-time winners of the prestigious BBC Folk Awards, The Young’uns are one of the hottest properties on the UK folk and acoustic scene. A unique act – performing mainly a capella - these three huge hearted, brass lunged lads from the North of England sing folk songs for our times with heart and humour.
Sean Cooney is fast becoming one of folk’s finest songwriters, and with Michael Hughes and David Eagle (who is also an award winning stand-up comedian) the Young’uns’ live performances achieve one of the trickiest balancing acts – an ability to truly ‘make them laugh and make them cry’, while cutting straight to the heart of some of today’s most topical issues.
‘Glorious… celebrating the uncelebrated with warmth, vigour and passion’ Mojo ‘The Teesside trio have captured hearts – and awards – with a magic combination of lusty a capella singing, memorable tunes and heart-on-sleeve storytelling with an unashamedly political cry for social justice.’ – Songlines.
Folk Weekend Offer
Book a ticket for all 3 Snape Maltings Concert Hall events for just £36 – a saving of £9!
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.