Sarah Connolly and Joseph Middleton
Sat 22 May 7pmTickets £20.00
Snape Maltings Concert Hall
Part of Summer at Snape
A dazzling and characterful presence on opera stages around the world, Dame Sarah Connolly has a particular affinity with our work and heritage, teaching young artists at Snape Maltings and researching Britten’s works at The Red House. This evening she gives a recital of songs by Brahms, Mahler, Bridge and Tippett.
Brahms Ständchen; Da unten im Tale; Feldeinsamkeit; Die Mainacht; Von ewiger Liebe
Mahler 4 Des Knaben Wunderhorn Lieder: Rheinlegendchen; Das irdische Leben; Wo die schönen Trompeten blasen; Urlicht
Frank Bridge Tagore Songs: Day after day; Speak to me, my love
Tippett Songs for Ariel
Richard Rodney Bennett from A History of the Thé Dansant: Slow Foxtrot; Tango
Concert length approx. 65mins
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.