Sun 23 May, 3pm & 7pm3pm - Pay What You Can / 7pm - £20
Snape Maltings Concert Hall
Part of Summer at Snape
Award-winning pianist Nicholas McCarthy was born without his right hand and his performances showcase the dynamic world of left-hand alone repertoire. In this recital he includes pieces by Bach, Scriabin, Strauss and Julie Cooper.
Scriabin Nocturne Op.9 (6′)
Bach arr.Brahms Chaconne in D minor from Partita No.2 (14′)
Julie Cooper Galilean Moons (6′)
R. Strauss arr. J. Mann Morgen! Op.27 No.4 (4′)
Bartók Etude for Left Hand (8′)
Concert length approx. 50mins
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.