Sunday 18 October, 3pm & 7pm
Part of Weekend Concerts at Snape
Harpsichordist Mahan Esfahani is a master in the performance of Bach’s music. Here he focuses on the vitality of the French Dance Suites, as well as including a new piece by Michael Berkeley, which would have had its world premiere at this year’s Aldeburgh Festival.
Bach French Suite II in c, BWV 813
Michael Berkeley Insects (world premiere)
Bach French Suite III in b, BWV 814
Tickets for this concert go on sale at 10am on Saturday 10 October. Maximum 4 tickets per household.
We want everyone to have the opportunity to experience live music again, and so the afternoon performances will be ‘Pay What You Can’, meaning you can see amazing live music at a price that you feel able to afford.
Food & Drink
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating. Tickets are limited to 4 per household.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.