LSO with Michael Tilson Thomas & Yuja Wang
Mon 31 May, 3pm & 6pm3pm - Pay What You Can / 6pm - £25
Snape Maltings Concert Hall
Part of Summer at Snape
Two dazzling artistic talents combine in a programme of richly coloured Russian orchestral music. Renewing her acclaimed partnership with conductor Michael Tilson Thomas, pianist Yuja Wang makes her first appearance at Snape, playing the solo part Shostakovich’s gloriously fun piano concerto, a piece that brings out her sheer joy in performing.
‘Her combination of technical ease, colouristic range and sheer power has always been remarkable … but these days there is an ever-greater depth to her musicianship’ – Financial Times.
Shostakovich Piano concerto No 2 (18’)
Tchaikovsky Symphony no.2 “Little Russian” (34’)
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.