Fri 18 June, 3pm & 7pm
Part of Summer at Snape
Kaleidoscope Collective brings together a group of outstanding musicians united by their passion for sharing the joy and intimacy of chamber music.
Kaleidoscope Collective frames its rich and varied programme with two chamber works – Frank Bridge’s impassioned single-movement Phantasy Piano Quartet and Amy Beach’s magnificent, lushly romantic Piano Quintet.
Grammy Award-winning tenor Karim Sulayman joins the ensemble to perform one of Vaughan Williams’ most exquisite folk song settings and a set of songs by the Venezuelan-born Frenchman Reynaldo Hahn, in new chamber arrangements by Kaleidoscope’s founder and pianist, Tom Poster.
Karim Sulayman tenor
Elena Urioste, Marije Johnston violins
Rosalind Ventris viola
Laura van der Heijden cello
Tom Poster piano
Bridge Phantasy Piano Quartet (12′)
Vaughan Williams How Cold the Wind Doth Blow (6′)
Hahn arr. Tom Poster Four Songs (13′)
Beach Piano Quintet (29′)
Concert length: approx. 65 minutes, with no interval
Tickets for these concerts go on sale at 10am on Saturday 15 May.
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.