Julia Bullock, Philharmonia and Esa-Pekka Salonen
Friday 30 October, 3pm & 7pm3pm: Pay What You Can / 7pm: £15
Snape Maltings Concert Hall
Part of Weekend Concerts at Snape
American soprano Julia Bullock was due to be an Artist in Residence at this year’s Aldeburgh Festival and we are delighted she is able to join us to sing Britten’s Les Illuminations, as she would have done in June. In his final season as Principal Conductor of the Philharmonia, Esa-Pekka Salonen conducts a programme that contrasts pieces written at the beginning and end of WWII – Britten’s glossy setting of Rimbaud’s vivid and fantastical poems and Strauss’s heartbroken, elegiac work for strings.
Julia Bullock soprano
Esa-Pekka Salonen conductor
Britten Les Illuminations
Tickets for this concert go on sale at 10am on Saturday 24 October. Maximum 4 tickets per household.
We want everyone to have the opportunity to experience live music again, and so the afternoon performances will be ‘Pay What You Can’, meaning you can see amazing live music at a price that you feel able to afford.
Food & Drink
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating. Tickets are limited to 4 per household.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.