Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 September, 7pm
Part of Weekend Concerts at Snape
The Elias Quartet play a rare pairing of gorgeous Purcell Fantasias and serene late Beethoven. Join us for a moving evening of quartet music. As one critic wrote about these players, “the playing is always meticulous, often sublime.”
Sara Bitlloch, Donald Grant violins
Simone van der Giessen viola
Marie Bitlloch cello
Purcell Fantasia in C minor z.738; Fantasia in B flat major z.736
Beethoven String Quartet No.12 in E flat major op.127
Tickets for this concert go on sale at 10am on Saturday 19 September. Maximum 4 tickets per household.
We want everyone to have the opportunity to experience live music again, and so the afternoon performances will be ‘Pay What You Can’, meaning you can see amazing live music at a price that you feel able to afford.
Food & Drink
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating. Tickets are limited to 4 per household.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.