Doric String Quartet
Friday 18 September, 3pm & 7pm
Part of Weekend Concerts at Snape
The Doric Quartet would have performed at this year’s Aldeburgh Festival and we’re very pleased to welcome one of the UK’s best chamber ensembles back to Snape. They will give two different concerts, with Mozart and Mendelssohn in the afternoon, and Mozart and Haydn in the evening.
Alex Redington violin
Ying Xue violin
Hélène Clément viola
John Myerscough cello
Mozart String quartet in B flat, K.589
Mendelssohn String quartet in E minor op.44 no.2
Mozart String quartet in D, K.575
Haydn String quartet in B flat, op.33 no.4
Tickets for this concert go on sale at 10am on Saturday 12 September. Maximum 4 tickets per household.
We want everyone to have the opportunity to experience live music again, and so the afternoon performances will be ‘Pay What You Can’, meaning you can see amazing live music at a price that you feel able to afford.
Food & Drink
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating. Tickets are limited to 4 per household.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.