CANCELLED: Beethoven's String Trios
Sunday 9 August, 2pm & 7pm
Cassandra Miller would have been a featured composer in this Aldeburgh Festival. Her five minute piece for solo viola is framed in this programme by two examples of Beethoven’s charming and inventive writing for string trio.
Vilde Frang violin
Lawrence Power viola
Nicolas Alstaedt cello
Beethoven String Trio in C minor
Cassandra Miller Daylonging, Slacktide (first concert performance)
Beethoven String Trio in G major
We want everyone to have the opportunity to experience live music again, and so the afternoon performances will be ‘Pay What You Can’, meaning you can see 45 minutes of amazing live music at a price that you feel able to afford.
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating. Tickets are limited to 4 per household.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.
The food and drink we offer has changed. You’ll be able to purchase:
- light bites at a table until 7pm in the Concert Hall Café
- alcoholic and soft drinks, and pizza outside from 5pm from the Takeaway Hut
- pre-booked pizzas after each 7pm concert