Christina Alden & Alex Patterson and The Shackleton Trio
Fri 28 May, 6pm & 8.30pmTickets £15
Snape Maltings Concert Hall
Part of Folk Weekend
Christina Alden & Alex Patterson and The Shackleton Trio are two of East Anglia’s finest folk exports. Here they each play a set before joining forces for a five-piece finale.
Christina Alden and Alex Patterson have toured with Show of Hands and are main stage regulars on the UK folk festival circuit. ‘Immensely talented musicians’ (fRoots), they take influence from English folk traditions with uplifting instrumentals and self-penned songs depicting tales of young travellers, sleepy seas and their affection for home.
‘Sparky, charismatic and intensely assured’ (fRoots), The Shackleton Trio are equally adept at moving you to tears and moving you to your feet, their own material blending with their re-workings of folk standards, influenced by British, American and Scandinavian traditions, with a twist from the group’s native East Anglia.
Folk Weekend Offer
Book a ticket for all 3 Snape Maltings Concert Hall events for just £36 – a saving of £9!
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.