A Ceremony of Carols
Sunday 20 December, 12pm & 4pm
Part of Christmas at Snape Maltings
Conductor Dominic Ellis-Peckham directs the dynamic Chamber Choir of London in a celebration of Christmas carols in versions created by composers over the last century. Centred on Britten’s A Ceremony of Carols, the programme also includes the Coventry Carol, Silent Night, Peace on Earth, The Shepherds Carol and many more.
Benjamin Britten A Ceremony of Carols
Cecilia McDowall Now May We Singing
Richard Allain Coventry Carol
Peter Wishart Alleluia
Jonathan Rathbone The Oxen
Adrian Peacock Veni Veni Emmanuel
Elizabeth Poston Jesus Christ The Apple Tree
Peter Warlock Bethlehem Down
Bob Chilcott The Shepherd’s Carol
arr.David Willcocks Tomorrow Shall Be Dancing Day
Errollyn Wallen Peace On Earth
Charles Wood Ding Dong Merrily On High
arr.Wolfgang Lindner Silent Night
Your safety and that of our artists and staff is our top priority and so some things will be different to what you’re used to. Key changes are:
- Reduced capacity in the Concert Hall, with socially distant seating.
- Shorter performances with no interval.
- Audience members will need to wear face-coverings (unless they are exempt as per the Government’s guidelines).
- No printed material – no tickets, programmes, or programme notes.
- Clear signs and helpful staff to make your visit straightforward.
- Regular and thorough cleaning, with hand sanitiser for you.