Virtual Tea Dance
Tuesday 8 December, 2020
Early December usually means it’s time for a festive Tea Dance at Snape Maltings – bringing together care homes, local community groups and dancing enthusiasts alike to enjoy music, dancing, tea and cake.
This year, responding to the coronavirus restrictions, we’ve embarked on creating a Virtual Tea Dance suitable for all ages and abilities – and we’re sure that everyone will love it!
Our 45-minute film includes a seven-piece big band, a presenter and professional dancers, and is sure to get your feet tapping. There will be an opportunity for you to learn some dance moves and sing along – with the encouragement that you partake in a slice of cake and a cup of tea too.
Preparing to take part
In order to take part in the project, you'll need a computer/phone/tablet or internet connection to access Zoom or a DVD player (if a Residential Care Setting).
No experience or partner is necessary.
Here are some ideas if you’d like to make the day extra special. For updates, sign up using the link above.
– Make sure you’re in a safe space to do some movement
– Have a sturdy chair so you are able to freely move your arms and feet without knocking anything over
– Be prepared with some delicious food and drink – you might like to take a look at our recipes below
– Have a teacup and teaspoon ready – this will be used for some musical activity
– Make a shaker or your own bunting using our instructions
– Print off one of our lyrics sheets to sing along with some numbers
Download our additional resources:
In the next couple of weeks, we’ll also be releasing some recipe cards.