- Regional finals of the competition in Cambridge and Snape Maltings (Suffolk), where entries will be played by professional wind quintet the Magnard Ensemble with individual feedback provided by composer Ewan Campbell.
- Commended entries will be performed by the Magnard Ensemble at a public concert in Cambridge.
- The winner of the East Anglian Young Composer Competition will receive a cash prize and a commission for next year’s finals.
- Monday 1 October – Deadline for competition entries
- Saturday 13 October – Regional final, Recital Room, Snape Maltings, Suffolk
- Sunday 14 October – Regional final, Storey’s Field Centre, Cambridge
- Sunday 28 October – Winner’s concert, West Road, Cambridge
Entrants must be 18 years or under on Friday 31 August 2018 and live or attend school in Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk or Suffolk. They are invited to write a piece of music up to a maximum performance length of 5 minutes. This can, if you wish, be inspired by this year’s Cambridge ‘Festival of Ideas’ theme of Extremes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and queries.