Updated Monday 30 March
Following the Government’s announcements, we have taken the decision to close our public buildings, shops and cafes for a short while.
All events until the end of June are cancelled or postponed, including Aldeburgh Festival.
Read the full Aldeburgh Festival cancellation announcement.
We are also delaying the announcement of our August Snape Proms series to enable us to continue monitoring Government advice. We will give an update on the Snape Proms in due course.
The site at Snape Maltings is still open for those who want to enjoy the fresh air and expansive natural environment of the River Alde estuary.
The site will remain safe and securely managed. For information about shops and cafes, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For updates on the status of music events, you can email email@example.com.
We wish all our visitors and audiences well and look forward to letting you know when we will re-open our buildings, which we hope will be in the near future.
You can read more information on our policies and plans for specific areas of the site below.
Box Office Policy
Updated 30 March
All bookers of cancelled events have been contacted and their tickets returned. Ticket sales make up nearly a quarter of our income, providing vital support for our wide-ranging programmes. We are hugely grateful to those who donated all or part of the value of their tickets to help us continue our important work.
Decisions about events beyond June will be made in due course.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information as our phone lines are not staffed while the building is closed.
Updated 22 May
Holiday Accommodation Cancellations
If the booking is cancelled by the visitor up to 6 weeks prior to the start date of the stay the visitor will lose their deposit. If the property is rebooked for the same time period and dates the visitor will receive a full refund of the deposit.
If the booking is cancelled by the visitor between 6 weeks and the start date of the stay the booking cost is non-refundable. If the property is rebooked for the same time and dates by another visitor there will be a full refund of the booking cost.
If the visitor decides to leave part way through a visit there will not be any refunds.
In the event of a site closure
Currently, following advice from Public Health England, it has been decided to close the site. If this remains the case, the visitor will be informed as soon as possible as no access to the site will be permitted. The visitor will be refunded for their booking. In all cases it may be possible to postpone bookings until a mutually agreed time.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a booking due to take place before 4 July 2020. Can I still come?
No. The Government guidance on this is clear. In line with many holiday cottage agencies across the UK, if you made a booking, you can arrange to move your holiday to another date at the same property in 2020/21, subject to availability. Please note that if you move your booking to a date with a higher price, you may have to make an additional payment. If Snape Maltings is closed then you will receive a full refund.
Please contact us to discuss the options available.
If the policy on this changes, we will update this page.
My booking is for a date after 4 July 2020 so can I move my booking?
At present, there are no restrictions on travel for 4 July 2020 onwards. If the Government advice on this changes, we will update this page and visitors with bookings affected will be contacted notifying them of their options.
What happens if I need to cancel my holiday because I catch Coronavirus?
Should you catch the virus please check your travel insurance as to whether this would be covered. If you are not covered by your own insurance, your booking will not be refunded. It will be possible to postpone your booking to a convenient time either later in the year or for 2021.
What happens if I cancel my holiday because I want to self-isolate?
You will need to check with your travel insurance if you will be covered for that exact situation. If you are not covered by travel insurance, we would not refund the booking under these circumstances. The usual terms and conditions will apply but please do contact us to discuss possible options.
What happens if I am advised not to travel by a medical practitioner?
Again, with this situation, your first port of call will be your travel insurers to see if this exact situation is covered. If your insurance provider does not cover this, we would not be able to offer a refund but it may be possible to postpone to another time.
What happens if I want to cancel because I am worried about catching Coronavirus?
The current Government advice is to stay alert. With the amount of press and media coverage, the concern about travelling is understandable. For future bookings from 4 June 2020 onward, the standard terms and conditions will apply. This means, if you chose to cancel, you will not be refunded unless the property is rebooked for the same time. It is unlikely you will be covered by your travel insurance.