Programme Manager – Aldeburgh Young Musicians (AYM)
Permanent, full time, salary £30 – £35k
Britten Pears Arts is a pioneering music, arts and heritage charity based on the Suffolk
coast. It was created in 2020 when the two long established charities which formed the
legacy of Britten and Pears’ life and work, Snape Maltings (formerly Aldeburgh Music) and
Britten-Pears Foundation came together.
Aldeburgh Young Musicians (AYM) is our progressive artist development programme for
musicians aged 10-18. Part of the national network of Centres for Advanced Training, AYM
facilitates the musical development of over 50 young people, unlocking their potential
through a range of inspirational and immersive residential courses and additional activities.
With access to the some of the best musical training on offer and the opportunity to
collaborate with expert professional musicians, and like-minded peers, our AYM’s are able to
explore a diverse range of musical styles, work innovatively and pursue their own creative
The Programme Manager is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the AYM
programme and leads on the recruitment process. They will develop a close working
relationship with the AYM’s, and professional artists, to create the most beneficial mix of
opportunities for them, whilst keeping in mind the overall direction & vision of the
In particular we are looking for someone who:
• Has gained at least 3 years’ relevant experience in an arts organisation
• Is ready to bring their own ideas to the programme and to bring them to fruition.
• Has knowledge of programming and enthusiasm for a wide range of music genres
• Understands the needs of artists for them to produce their best work
• Has a good understanding of the needs of children and young people
• Has the ability to identify talent and potential and understands how it can be nurtured.
• Works well with others irrespective of who they are and what their role is.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe that diversity strengthens and enriches us. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates of all ages and from all backgrounds, in particular from minority groups and disabled candidates who are currently under-represented at Britten Pears Arts.
As part of our commitment to equality of opportunity, we kindly ask you to complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
To apply please send a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Rebecca Whittaker, HR Assistant, email@example.com. We do not accept CV’s on their own.
Closing date: 9.30am, Friday 6 August 2021