Full time, permanent. Salary £30-£35k
Snape Maltings is one of the world’s leading centres of music and a visitor destination of outstanding natural beauty. The catering operation comprises cafés and a restaurant, as well as wedding and event catering.
This permanent role of Executive Chef is perfect for an ambitious and creative candidate, able to bring and develop new ideas, taking the lead in the relaunch of the freshly rebranded and refurbished café and restaurant space.
The candidate should be a people person, with good management skills and a proven track record of working well within a consistent team. The role will require flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, but in off-peak periods potential for daytime only shifts.
This is a new role as Snape Maltings look to consolidate a multisite operation into one centralised kitchen and team, allowing for fresh ideas and development of existing offer. The position will report to the Head of Hospitality and Events, with responsibilities of line management for all kitchen team members.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• Minimum of 2 years Head or Executive Chef experience
• Strong people management skills
• Creative, innovative and keen to develop concepts and ideas
• Quick thinking and adaptable to changing workplaces and style of events
• Good understanding of vegan, gluten-free and free-from cookery
• Is able to build on good supplier relationships
• Salary between £30-35k + tips
• 28 days a year holiday
• Straight shifts, including some daytime only
• Staff discounts
• Life assurance
• Support for career development
• On-site parking
As part of our commitment to equality of opportunity, we kindly ask you to complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
To apply please send a completed application form and a CV via email.
Expected start date: 12/04/2021